Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Most Recent 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 Studies of Florida Landscapes 1


Here are six 5 1/2" X 5 1/2" pastel paintings of studies I have done in the last few months at various parks in Florida.  The parks are Honeymoon Island, Anderson Park and Bay Port.  This group of Palm trees caught my eye as it had a beautiful arrangement to it and was a shady spot that provided relief from the hot sun.  There was enough breeze to make it tolerable to forget about the heat and stay long enough to get a good start on the painting.  Often I will finish it up in my studio at home.  It is easy to bring back the experience of being out there in the field and studying the view for 2 or more hours.  I have time to look at the painting with fresh eyes and the memory of being there.  Then I can make decisions of what would make this painting come together.  It often comes together in less than a half hour for this size of painting. 

Title:  Oasis in the Sun
Medium:  Passtel on Uart sandpaper
Size:  5 1/2" X 5 1/2" in an 8" X 8" frame

No comments:

Post a Comment