Tuesday, June 17, 2014

5 1/2" X 5 1/2" Study of Florida Landscape 3





This painting was done at the Wallsingham Botanical Gardens.  It is a beautiful location with a canal and bridge similar to Monet's gardens in France.  I was on the bridge and noticed this bush under the bridge that was sparkling with the reflections of the sun and seemed to be very content with its location.  I thought I would "go out of the box" with my colors and get out of my comfort zone.  It was gutsy and fun.  It took a while to decide when the painting was complete but when I came to that point I was pleased.  It will be hard to let go of this painting as I grew as an artist when I painted this.

Title:  Bush Under The Bridge
Medium:  Pastel on Uart sandpaper
Size:  5 1/2" X 5 1/2" in an 8" X *" frame

1 comment:

  1. I love the "out of the box" color of this piece. The color of the bush is what immediately caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete